Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What is Going On with these numbers?

Day10
August 16, 2011
Wt. 256.6
Blood Sugar (first thing in the morning) 186
Blood Pressure 142/94 66 bpm.

What is Going On with these numbers?

Hmmm. Now I’m really wondering what is going on. Last night’s dinner was a bowl of pinto beans mixed with olive oil, vinegar, cayenne pepper, crushed chili and some mayo. All in all less than 500 calories and well within the fist sized portion. I went to bed at 10:30 and slept until 7:10 so I got my 8 and a half hours of sleep. So why is my blood sugar up two days in a row? It is possible that I have started burning fat stores as I did on that fast I told you about?

Ah, well. What has been built in 15 years is not undone in a week. Stick with it and see what tomorrow’s numbers look like.

This is sort of what my day will look like-Off to work in a little while, I have 2 insulated glass panels to build, a gate to rebuild. Some artwork to work on and some finish carpentry work to do on my house.
Right now I’m having my morning coffee-no sugar but some half and half, Lunch will be at noon or 2, depending on when I get home. Lunch will be steamed vegies and rice. Carrots, cabbage, parsnips, celery, onion, potato. Sometimes I add fish to the mix but for the next few days it will mostly be vegetables to give the meat I’ve been eating over the last several days a chance to clear the system. Not sure what dinner will look like yet. Somewhere in there will be an apple or two. As a snack I prefer apples to oranges. They seem to be slower to digest and hit the system than oranges. Bananas are great but best mixed with stuff that is a bit slower to digest. I find they can spike me almost as fast as oranges.

Considering the up turn in my glucose numbers I am considering adding in the exercise component of my program a little sooner. I had been planning on waiting until the beginning of the third week to add it in to give a better picture of the effects of diet alone. I’ve understoof for a while that while diet is hugely important and there are some foods to avoid as if they were the black death itself, it can’t be the only thing we do to chase this thing out of our bodies. Before we began developing type II----a little side note here-I am getting really tired of typing "type II" not so much because of the six key strokes but because it just doesn’t say what I want it to. It has a distant and clinical feel to it. It doesn’t feel like the thing that it is, the thing I want to get out of my body forever. From now on type II is going to be T2. If you’ve ever seen the second Terminator movie you’ll understand. That endlessly transforming liquid metal man was a monster that was really hard to get rid of.

OK-name change out of the way. Type II is now T2-on to what I started out to say. Since our bodies don’t handle our blood sugar as well as bodies of those who don’t have T2 we have to help them along a bit by making our muscles hungry by using them. It also helps with the weight loss as well.
More on this subject tomorrow as I need to go make like a working person for a while. Tomorrow we start tweaking this to get those morning numbers going in the right direction again.

More to come,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment